IBC's reference section contains a full listing of IBC press releases and announcements, material in other formats (PDFs, CSV files), and other support documents and resources.
- A Dossier on Civilian Casualties in Iraq 2003-2005
- The first detailed account of all non-combatants reported killed or wounded during the first two years of the continuing conflict. Published by Iraq Body Count in association with Oxford Research Group, the report is based on comprehensive analysis of over 10,000 media reports published between March 2003 and March 2005. (PDF only)
- Falluja Siege, April 2004: A News Analysis
- Excerpts from nearly three hundred news stories on the April 2004 siege of Falluja, with an emphasis on its humanitarian impact.
- 15 Jan 2008:
- IBC emails not received 10-15 Jan 2008
- 21 Dec 2007:
- IBC begins adding credible single-sourced reports
- 19 Nov 2007:
- Break in service 16-19 November 2007
- 3 Sep 2007:
- Iraq Body Count introduces new web site
- PR17: The weapons that kill civilians 16 Apr 2009
- PR16: Post-surge violence: its extent and nature 27 Dec 2008
- PR15: Year Four: Simply the worst 18 Mar 2007 with updates Sep 2007
- PR14: Reality checks: some responses to the latest Lancet estimates 16 Oct 2006
- PR13: Iraq death toll in third year of occupation is highest yet 9 Mar 2006
- PR12: A Dossier of Civilian Casualties in Iraq 2003–2005 19 Jul 2005
- PR11: Iraqi death toll spirals upwards; elections followed by increase in civilian casualties 17 Mar 2005
- PR10: IBC response to the Lancet study estimating "100,000" Iraqi deaths 7 Nov 2004
- PR9: No Longer Unknowable: Falluja's April Civilian Toll is 600 26 Oct 2004
- PR8: More than 3000 Iraqi civilian victims named 16 Sep 2004
- PR7: 700 named in Iraq's death toll after a year of slaughter 19 Mar 2004
- PR6: As many as 10,000 civilians were killed in Iraq during 2003 8 Feb 2004
- PR5: Over 1,500 violent civilian deaths in occupied Baghdad 23 Sep 2003
- PR4: How many civilians were killed by cluster bombs? 6 May 2003
- PR3: Keeping civilian deaths in the eye of the world 14 Apr 2003
- PR2: Highlight breaking news of civilian deaths on your website 3 Mar 2003
- PR1: Iraq Body Count now on-line 12 Feb 2003
Other reference materials
- News sources used by IBC
- A listing of all the press, and some NGO, sources that have been used by IBC.
- IBC in the media
- Coverage and discussion of IBC and Iraqi casualties by various media, 2003-2005.
- IBC-CIVIC names list
- A CSV spreadsheet file listing names to Feb 2006. The currently supported and up to date list does not contain the CIVIC names extracted from Iraqi Civilian War Casualties.
- UNAMI p-codes list [Excel spreadsheet format]
- A UN-produced reference document giving a large number of Iraqi place-names using consistent spelling. Adopted by IBC in standardising its data-entry system.